EVENTS AND MEMBERSHIP COORDINATOR
Assists Executive Director, Venice MainStreet, its Board, staff and volunteers in producing special events, fundraisers, and other activities. Coordinate, assist and staff special events and fundraisers sponsored by VMS. Actively solicits new members and yearly sponsorships. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
At least three years coordinating special events is required. Experience with the following is a priority: Social Media, graphic design, Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
• Coordinates with the Executive Director and plans a number of events throughout the year, including downtown promotions, special events, and fundraisers already on VMS yearly calendar. These include: Three Craft Festivals and two Art Festivals, Eggstravaganza Easter Egg Hunt, Two Sidewalk Sales, Christmas in July, Christmas Walk, themed Thursdays Downtown, Fashion Show, Venice Blues Crawl and Blues Festival.
• Alongside the Executive Director, develop new events and fundraisers.
• Creates, attends and participates in VMS committee meetings as necessary.
• Secures necessary permits from City, County, or any other appropriate governing entity.
• Determine event advertising needs and budget
• Oversees volunteer staff scheduling, training and appreciation
• Acquire event sponsors and marketing partners
• Develops and maintains an appropriate data system for record keeping; develops and monitors event budgets; acquires bids for event equipment rental and/or purchasing needs; prepares post event reports and event books; prepares sponsor post event report, tracks volunteer hours, etc.
• Tracks and follows through on VMS obligations to marketing partners and event sponsors
• Works to build goodwill between downtown merchants and VMS
• Actively solicits new members
• Finds and develops new premium level, yearly sponsors
• Other duties and activities as determined by the Executive Director
• Full time
• Start date is January 2, 2017
• Available evenings and weekends
• Must be able to lift over 25lbs and stand for long periods of time in all weather conditions
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org