Help Keep the Magic Alive
Venice MainStreet’s partnership consists of businesses, property owners, financial institutions, media organizations, nonprofit organizations, professionals, government officials, community members, and families.
Venice MainStreet is a 501c3 nonprofit organization, founded in 1987. Venice MainStreet is united with over 1,000 Main Street organizations across the United States. It is an accredited member of the National Main Street Organization, Main Street America, and the Florida Main Street Organization. Main Street organizations started in the 1980s when commercial shopping malls became a threat to our downtown shopping districts. All Main Street organizations work in a historic downtown through a four point approach. These four points are historic preservation, economic development, beautification, and promotion.
Venice MainStreet strives to collaborate with the City of Venice, and other community groups, to preserve and enhance the historic character of Venice, while, also promoting and encouraging the economic and community vitality of Venice. This goal is achieved by bringing interesting events to attract visitors and enhance the lifestyle of our local residents, and investing in amenities and infrastructure for Historic Downtown Venice. VMS encourages supporting business members to be involved in the direction of the organization by participating in Committees and the Board of Directors.
Yearly Sponsored Events & Programs
- Christmas lights and downtown holiday decorations
- Four “Breakfast With The Mayor” events
- Organize the Venice MainStreet downtown ambassadors, called the “Downtowners.” November-April they manage the downtown information kiosk and walk the street greeting visitors and answering questions.
- Easter Children's Eggstravaganza
- Downtown Christmas Walk
- Children’s Halloween Parade
- Three Miami Avenue Craft Festivals
- March Art Classic
- November Downtown Art Festival
- Three Downtown Sidewalk Sales
- Christmas in July
- Venice Beach Party
- Venice Blues Crawl
- Venice Blues Festival
- 25 Free Friday Night Concerts
Community Partnership - Download Application
Community Members $35
Since 1988 Venice MainStreet, Inc has operated as a volunteer driven, 501(c)3 nonprofit dedicated to enhancing the quality of life in our community by preserving, protecting, and promoting Historic Downtown Venice. Your yearly membership donation helps us continue our mission to preserve and enhance the historic character and economic vitality of downtown Venice. You support the wonderful events we sponsor downtown, including our three craft festivals, two art festivals, Easter Eggstravaganza, Children’s Halloween Parade, Blue’s Festival, Friday night concerts in the park, and more!
Business Partnership - Download Application
Supporting Partnership $175
- Window decal
- Virtual decal
- Directory listing, directories located at: Kiosk in Centennial Park, VMS office, all VMS events, Visit Sarasota Welcome Centers, VSC mobile Welcome Center, SRQ and Venice airports
- Weekly email newsletter advertising. Sent to 8,000+ residents and visitors every Thursday.
- Website directory listing
- Downtown Kiosk advertising
- Shared Facebook advertising
- Opportunity to take part in downtown events & sponsorships
- Networking with other business members
- Discounted advertising rates in the Venice Gondolier Sun and Herald Tribune
Your partnership is critical to develop and grow the economic impact Venice MainStreet has on our community and the growth of your business. A partnership with VMS is strategic in that mutual accomplishment. Our partners are loyal supporters of our initiative of Economic Vitality, Historic Preservation and Beautification. Our influence and reach is year round and is all about seasonal guests and Lovin’ Our Locals making your investment a return second to none in the Venice community.