During the second half of 1926, Harold W. Sawyer had this two-sided building constructed for an estimated cost of $20,000 to house his grocery and meat market. Besides the two store-fronts on the first floor, there were eight offices on the second floor. The Woodroffe Investment Company and the building firm of Clark and Stevens occupied two of the second floor offices. In 1934, the building was purchased by the First Baptist Church and by 1936 had been enlarged.
Photograph provided by Venice Museum & Archives