Join Venice MainStreet!Help Keep the Magic Alive
Venice MainStreet’s partnership consists of businesses, property owners, financial institutions, media organizations, nonprofit organizations, professionals, government officials, community members, and families.
Venice MainStreet is a 501c3 nonprofit organization, founded in 1987. Venice MainStreet is united with over 2,000 Main Street organizations across the United States. It is an accredited member of the National Main Street Organization, Main Street America, and the Florida Main Street Organization. Main Street organizations started in the 1980s when commercial shopping malls became a threat to our downtown shopping districts. All Main Street organizations work in a historic downtown through a four point approach. These four points are historic preservation, economic development, beautification, and promotion.
Venice MainStreet strives to collaborate with the City of Venice, and other community groups, to preserve and enhance the historic character of Venice, while, also promoting and encouraging the economic and community vitality of Venice. This goal is achieved by bringing interesting events to attract visitors and enhance the lifestyle of our local residents, and investing in amenities and infrastructure for Historic Downtown Venice. VMS encourages supporting business members to be involved in the direction of the organization by participating in Committees and the Board of Directors.
Yearly Sponsored Events & Programs
- Christmas lights and downtown holiday decorations
- Four “Breakfast With The Mayor” events
- Organize the Venice MainStreet downtown ambassadors, called the “Downtowners.” November-April they manage the downtown information kiosk and walk the street greeting visitors and answering questions.
- Easter Children’s Eggstravaganza
- Downtown Christmas Walk
- Children’s Halloween Parade
- Three Miami Avenue Craft Festivals
- March Art Classic
- November Downtown Art Festival
- Three Downtown Sidewalk Sales
- Christmas in July
- Venice Beach Party
- Venice Blues Crawl
- Venice Blues Festival
- 25 Free Friday Night Concerts
- Window decal
- Virtual decal
- Directory listing, directories located at: Kiosk in Centennial Park, VMS office, all VMS events, Visit Sarasota Welcome Centers, VSC mobile Welcome Center, SRQ and Venice airports
- Weekly email newsletter advertising. Sent to 10,000+ residents and visitors every Thursday.
- Website directory listing
- Downtown Kiosk advertising
- Shared Facebook advertising
- Opportunity to take part in downtown events & sponsorships
- Networking with other business members
- Discounted advertising rates in the Venice Gondolier Sun