Venice is a unique small town. Known as the “City on the Gulf,” it is a destination whereyou can indulge your senses and pamper your soul. When you meander the Avenues of Miami, Venice and Tampa and take in the sights and sounds of children playing in the Intergenerational Fountain or just sit on one of the many shaded benches and people-watch as you plan the many other things you can do around Venice.
Fun things you can do and more…
1. Browse the over 100 unique clothing boutiques, art galleries and gift shops.
2. Dine around the world from Asia and back to the Americas, either indoors or out.
3. Bring your puppies to Paw Park where all humans and dogs are welcome.
4. Explore the longest stretch of unspoiled beaches in southwest Florida.
5. Take your grandchildren and children to the Centennial Park’s Interactive Fountain to cool off.
6. Expand your cultural experiences and attend a play at the Venice Theatre or grab a beach chair and take in a free concert at the Gazebo or different exhibits at the Venice Art Center.
7. Walk, ride your bike, or rollerblade from Caspersen Beach to Sarasota on the Venetian Waterway and the Legacy Trail.
8. Take a walking tour of Venice, historic homes, downtown avenues and the restored Venice Depot.
9. Go bird watching at the Venice Rookery where a variety of birds make their home.
10. Enjoy our regular FREE events at the Gazebo:
Friday, October 13 from 7-9pm, Kat and the Rhythm Gators Band
Friday, October 27, 7-9pm, Larry Yunker Band
SPECIAL EVENTS coming up soon:
~ Spooktacular Halloween Parade in downtown Venice: Tuesday, October 31
Venice MainStreet and Venice Lions Club will once again host the “Children’s Halloween Parade” for kids of all ages, parents, neighbors, visitors and friendly ghosts. Children, accompanied by an adult, will gather at Centennial Park Gazebo at 4:30pm along West Venice Avenue, behind “Old Betsy” the Venice Fire Truck. At 5:00pm, children are free to Trick or Treat for more goodies at participating stores along the Avenues.
~ The Blues Crawl: November 17, 7pm from Miami Avenue to Downtown
This event is an extension of the Venice Blues Festival and a warm up for the festival to be held the next day. This is a free event held to benefit the community.
~ The 5th Annual Venice Blues Festival: November 18, 12-7pm, at Maxine Barritt Park
The Florida Blues Festivals have a large following and our Venice Blues Festival is no exception attracting visitors from all over. Local restaurants and community sponsors come together to make this popular annual event memorable. The Festival showcases internationally renowned talent in the beautiful setting of Maxine Barritt Park. Last year over 3,000 were in attendance and we are expecting this year will be bigger and better. Tickets may be purchased at veniceblues.com
Don’t miss out on the FUN! We welcome locals and out-of-towners to come and enjoy the music featuring Andrew Jr., Boy Jones, Eliza Neals, Cece, Teneal, Tommy Z and the famous headliner Elvin Bishop’s Big Fun Trio.