Put on your knickers and your golf shirts and get ready to putt your way through Historic Downtown Venice on November 11th! Teams of 4 will putt-putt through 18 fun holes (the first 9 are for score) in their favorite downtown spots while participating in wacky competitions and enjoying great specials. A team of 2 will be paired with another team of 2 to create a team of four to play. Best score wins $500! Pre-registration and online ticket sales have ended (as of 4pm on November 8th).
Saturday, November 11th – BARSTOOL OPEN EVENT SCHEDULE:
11am-5pm: 50/50 tickets are available – winner announced at the after party at Made In Italy (117 W Venice Ave)
11am-12pm: Barstool Open Registration at the Gazebo & IDs checked (Centennial Park, 200 West Venice Ave)
11:30am-12pm: Limbo Contest in Centennial Park w/music by Troll Music
12pm: 2023 Barstool Open Welcome – Kara Morgan, Venice MainStreet CEO at Gazebo
12:05pm-6pm: There are 18 putting green holes. You are putting 9 of them for score in a specific order. Turn in your completed score card of the 9 putting greens to Made in Italy, and then continue to putt the other 9 putting greens for fun without keeping score until 6pm.
1pm-4pm: Opportunity to win extra Beer Tickets and other prizes at various games throughout the day.
• Spin the Wheel – Minute To Win It Games are located at the kiosk in Centennial Park
• Toy Putt-Putt – Revolving locations
• Giant Jenga – San Marco of Venice – 305 W Venice Ave
4pm: Begin turning in scorecards to Made in Italy (117 W Venice Ave)
6pm: All official first nine putting greens scorecards MUST be handed in to Made in Italy (117 W Venice Ave) to be counted in for the Grand Prize.
6pm-7pm: After Party at Made in Italy – announcements (117 W Venice Ave):
• $500 cash prize – Best Team Score
• 1 Pillar Rum for each team member – 2nd Runner up for Best Team Score
• $200 cash prize – Best Dressed Team
• $100 cash prize – Best Team Name
• 50/50 Ticket Winner
Beer or Soda Tickets can be redeemed at Café Venice (101 W Venice Ave), Venice Wine & Coffee Company (201 W Venice Ave), and San Marco of Venice (305 W Venice Ave). Must drink on property – cannot walk around with open container.
– You must be 21 or over to participate in this event.
– This event requires extensive walking to get from hole to hole throughout the downtown district, as well as standing in line waiting for your turn. Please wear your patience and comfortable shoes!
– We cannot guarantee that your preferred, exact size putter will be available; however various (limited) options will be at each putting location. If you would like to bring your own personal putter(s), you are responsible for carrying them with you. Golf balls will be available at each putting green.
– Play at your own risk and please drink responsibly.
BARSTOOL OPEN RULES:
– There is a maximum of 4 people on a team. Players of 2 will be matched up with another couple.
– All four people must putt each hole. In other words, one person can’t putt the same hole twice.
– One team must successfully putt the ball into the cup before the next team begins.
– There is a 5-stroke limit on each hole. If you have not completed the hole in 4 strokes, your score is automatically a 5. The team with the lowest totaled score wins.
– A moving ball may not be putted.
– If a ball is putted and comes to rest outside the boundaries of the hole, the ball may be replaced by hand on club head length away from the exit point, with a 1 stroke penalty.
– If a ball comes to rest against a rail or obstacle, the ball can be placed one putters head length from the rail or obstacle.
– Any player arguing with Venice MainStreet Staff, Venice MainStreet Volunteers, or Participating Business Partner Hole Location Staff or Volunteers at any of the 18 holes, the team will be given 1 warning. Any additional altercations will result in disqualification of that team from the tournament. All decisions made by the CEO of Venice MainStreet are final.
The cost is $25 per person, which includes 2 complimentary beer vouchers.
PURCHASE ONLINE: Sales ended at 4pm on 11/8.
PURCHASE IN PERSON: Sales ended at Made in Italy 4pm on 11/8.