Positivity Tags Public Art Project
The Venice Area Chamber of Commerce, Venice Art Center and Venice MainStreet in collaboration with Sarasota County, The City of Venice and Gulf Coast Community Foundation invite you to apply. Click here for a printable version
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL:
Public arts project
Proposal Due Date: June 30, 2021
Proposed Completion Date for Installation: August 2021-September 2021
1. Summary and Background
2. Proposal Guidelines
3. Project Description and Scope
5. Proposal Format
1. Summary and Background: The Venice Area Chamber of Commerce in partnership with Venice MainStreet and the Venice Art Center invite artist to propose ideas inspired by on the messages and ideas from the Venice Positivity Walls and its tags. The Walls were spread out in Venice over the last year. The Positivity walls were collaboration between the Venice Area Chamber of Commerce, Venice MainStreet, Venice Art Center, Sarasota County, the City of Venice and Gulf Coast Community Foundation. All ideas on the second phase of this project and media are welcome. It can incorporate the use of the collected tags or the messages on the tags. There are thousands of tags which are available to see by appointment at the Venice art Center. Call 941-485-7136 for an appointment to come and view.
The purpose of this Request for Proposal (RFP) is to solicit proposals from various candidate artists, conduct a fair and extensive evaluation based on criteria listed, and select the candidate who best addresses the goals of the project. We request competitive proposals.
2. Proposal Guidelines: This Request for Proposal represents the requirements for an open and competitive process. Proposals will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. ET June 30, 2021. All proposals must be signed by an official agent or representative of the company submitting the proposal. Contract terms and conditions will be negotiated upon selection of the winning bidder for this RFP. All contractual terms and conditions will be subject to review and will include scope, budget, schedule, and any other related items to project completion.
3. Project Description and Scope: The Venice Area Chamber of Commerce will assume and retain ownership over the finished project piece. The copyright of the artwork remains with the artist and the artist remains the owner of all the sketches, drawings, designs created in the course of creating the sculpture; however the Venice Area Chamber of Commerce retains the right to reproduce the any associated materials as needed throughout the life of the sculpture. The Venice Area Chamber of Commerce maintains the right to remove the sculpture and dispose of it in the future if necessary due to wear, garden expansion, or another reason.
4. Budget: The proposed project budget for design, materials, production, and installation is not yet set. We are open for artist to submit based on the project they wish to do. Proposals should include a detailed budget with all associated project expenses. All costs must be itemized and include an explanation of fees.
5. Proposal Format: Respondents are asked to include the following information in their response:
A. Overview of the proposed project
B. A brief executive summary of the artist’s qualifications in the area of similar types of work in scale and scope.
C. The name, telephone number, and email address of the primary contact for the submitter.
D. Biography and resume
E. History and philosophy of the artist process and examples of outdoor art installations.
F. List experience with outdoor public art installations and include photos and descriptions of past projects.
G. Show 3-5 examples of your work
H. Provide three references for similar projects including contact name, phone number and email.
By responding to this RFP, prospective artist acknowledges an understanding of the following:
This RFP is not a commitment to enter a contract. No prospective artist has a contract with the Venice Area Chamber of Commerce until such time that the parties sign a written contract for services. The Venice Area Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with Venice MainStreet and the Venice Art Center has the sole discretion for evaluating prospective artists’ proposals, and it is not obligated to respond in any way. The Venice Area Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to terminate the contract at any time.
Proposals and questions should be submitted to:
Executive Director of the Venice Art Center
390 Nokomis Ave S., Venice, FL 34285
Proposals are due no later than 5:00 p.m. ET on June 30, 2021.