Venice MainStreet, Inc. is holding a contest for an interactive mural in Historic Downtown Venice. The mural will be located predominately downtown for hundreds of thousands of yearly visitors to see. Work must be completed by June 14, 2019. A Visit Florida grant will pay for a portion of this project.
To create an interactive mural that
encourages people to take a picture with the image and share on social media.
It must fit in with the ambiance of Historic Downtown Venice and advertise
Theme: “3-D action image fitting to Venice in the time period of 1920s and the 1930s”
- The wall is located at 303 W Venice Avenue Venice, FL 34285. The total wall space is 25’ by 7.5’. The entire wall does not need to be used for the mural. Because of the road location a space of 13’ by 7.5’ can be captured within one picture. The area would allow for up to two photo ops. See the attached diagram.
- Concept and this completed form must be delivered to the Venice MainStreet office (101 W Venice Ave #23 Venice, FL 34285) by March 29, 2019
- Concept should include details on scope of pay, maintenance expectations, artist bio with images of past work and the materials to be used.
- A committee will choose the winning artwork by April 5, 2019
- Once approved by the City of Venice work can begin. All work must be complete and billed to Venice MainStreet by June 10, 2019.
Cost to produce: ____________________________________________________
Materials to be provided by Venice MainStreet: ___________________________
Release: If the design I have submitted is selected as the winning entry, Venice MainStreet has the exclusive right to reproduce, sell and distribute images of the work.