Mission: Venice MainStreet is committed to preserving and enhancing the character, beauty, economic, and community vitality of Historic Downtown Venice.
Since 1988 Venice MainStreet, Inc has operated as a volunteer driven, 501(c)3 nonprofit dedicated to enhancing the quality of life in our community by preserving, protecting, and promoting Historic Downtown Venice.
Venice MainStreet, Inc strives to collaborate with the City of Venice and other community groups to preserve and enhance the historic character, while, also promoting and encouraging the economic and community vitality of Historic Downtown Venice. This goal is achieved by bringing interesting events to attract visitors and enhance the lifestyle of our local residents, and investing in amenities, marketing, and infrastructure for Historic Downtown Venice.
VMS is funded by grants, fundraising, donations, and our partners. Venice MainStreet is an accredited through the Florida Main Street Program and Main Street America. We are united with thousands of other Main Street organizations around the country, all of which work in a similar defined “district” of a historic downtown. Main Streets follow a structured approach called “the four point approach.” This was created in the 1980s by the National Main Street Center in response to nationwide large commercial shopping malls which threatened our historic downtowns. VMS was formed by a partnership between the The Downtown Venice Association, City of Venice, the Venice Area Chamber of Commerce and historic enthusiasts in 1987.
As a non-profit organization, Venice MainStreet is governed by a Board of Directors. The Venice MainStreet year is the same as a calendar year; the board serves from January 1 through December 31. The current Venice MainStreet board is as follows:
- President: Ronnie Fernandez, CenterState Bank and Venice Florida Tours
- Vice President: Sandra Di Pentima, Fifth Third Bank
- Secretary: Patrick Carney, Navamaze Senior Living Solutions
Treasurer: Brad Patton, FourThought Private Wealth
- Andrew Britton, Britton Law Firm
- Kathy Crisman, Dick’s Shoes
- Nick Flerlage, Flerlage Team partnered with RE/MAX Alliance Group
- Jeannie Gomes, Venezia Hotel
Rod Nafziger: Ciao Gelato
- Bill Willson, Robert’s Insurance Group
- Councilmember Richard Cautero, City of Venice
- Commissioner Nancy Detert, Sarasota County