Originally intended to house a drug store, barbershop, haberdashery, and tearoom, this was the second commercial building constructed in Venice.

H. S. Patterson, local representative of Walker and Gillette, described the front of the building as “decidedly a Venetian design”. The building was designed by architect W. H. Schmaker of Tampa and constructed by the Barrett Construction Company of Tampa.

According to an article in the July 10, 1926 edition of “This Week In Venice”, it was scheduled to be completed in 60 days. In the same article, the owner G.E. Sanders stated that he wished to be the “first merchant of Venice”. By February 1927, advertisements in the local paper indicated the building was the home of the Rendezvous Tea Shop.

 Today: Shirt Shop, Bresler’s Ice Cream and Treasurers in Time.

Historical documentation provided by:
Venice Heritage Inc.
Photographs provided by:
Venice Museum & Archives

Our Platinum Partners