This two-story building was constructed in the fall of 1926 for $26,000. The ground floor was to house five stores with eight efficiency apartments on the second floor. It was designed by architect J.C. Humphrey of Sarasota in the Northern Italian Style architecture, with clay block walls and a red tile roof. J. Franklyn Wheeler of Fort Myers received the construction contract. One of the original tenants was a dentist, Dr. George Gilman Wheeler.
Photograph provided by Venice Museum & Archives