Venice MainStreet is committed to preserving and enhancing the character, beauty, economic, and community vitality of Historic Downtown Venice.
Since 1988, Venice MainStreet, Inc. has operated as a volunteer driven 501(c)3 non-profit organization. We work in Historic Preservation, Beautification, Promotion and Economic Revitilization. Our Community Vitality efforts can be seen in the numerous free activities we present throughout the year, to residents and visitors alike, including:
- Two juried art shows on Venice Avenue (November & March)
- Three craft festival on Miami Avenue (January, June, & September)
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt and Halloween Parade
- Concerts on select Friday nights, Sidewalk Sales, & much, much more!
As a non-profit organization, Venice MainStreet is governed by a Board of Directors. The Venice MainStreet year is the same as a calendar year; the board serves from January 1 through December 31. The current Venice MainStreet board is as follows:
- President: Bill Willson, Robert's Insurance Group
- Vice President: Rod Nafziger, Ciao Gelato
- Secretary: Sarah Gilbert, FifthThird Bank
- Treasurer : Tracy Silver, Venice Wine & Coffee
- Laurie Colton, The Venice Theatre
- Greg Watkins, Auto & Boat Storage of Venice
- Nick Flerlage, Flerlage Real Estate Group
- Carolyn Redlin, Venice Area Historical Society
- Deb Peters, DP Fitness & Wellness
- Andrew Britton, Britton Law Firm
- Craig Flormann, Previews Realty
- Councilmember Richard Cautero, City of Venice
- Commissioner Alan Maio, Sarasota County
The Venice MainStreet office is managed by Erin Silk, assisted by Amber Tauber and numerous dedicated volunteers.